So I’ve decided to run a 5K!
After years of telling myself and others that “I can’t/don’t run” I decided to train for a 5K and stick to the plan. 1 week later and a 5 mile run under my belt (…elastic waistband) I’m freaking out slash jumping for joy at how much more food I’ll be able to eat today!! All joking aside – moral of the story here is not to say you can’t until you try… I’d probably be running marathons by now If I hadn’t convinced myself I couldn’t run before ever givin’er a go!
Side Note: I also recommend using Run Keeper if you’ve decided to train for any type of race or even if you just want to keep track of your progress or runs, Its a great tool/app that helps keep you motivated!
After this run I knew I needed to fuel up fast! Not having much protein in the house, I decided to whip up an omelet and pair it with a whole-wheat english muffin in order to ensure that my muscles were getting all the help they needed to recover
Serves 1 runner
2 egg whites
1 cup of spinach
1/4 cup sliced red onion
1/4 cup diced tomato
couple light dashes of smoked paprika
1) beat eggs and egg whites together in a bowl and, if desired, add a tbsp of milk (I use almond milk) to give the eggs that fluffy look and feel
2) Spray non-stick pan with olive oil spray and heat over medium
3) when pan is hot, add onion and let cook until soft (about 3-5 minutes,) stirring to avoid burning
4) Once soft and add 1 cup spinach to the pan and allow to wilt (I used frozen spinach so it already had water in it, but if you are using fresh add about 1/4 cup of water and cook until spinach has wilted and water has absorbed
5) lower heat to med-low, add eggs to pan and quickly stir to make sure everything is nicely mixed.
6) Add tomatoes and cook until eggs have set, about 3-5 minutes
7) Serve and Enjoy
I’d love to hear from you! If you have a favorite go-to omelet, please share!